Conferences are like running a marathon. I’m really excited beforehand, during it I’m tired, hungry and fighting for the finish line, and after I’m like, “I CAN’T WAIT TO DO THAT AGAIN.”
And like a marathon, attending a conference is all about the takeaways — the connections you make and lessons you learn that will continue to serve you for long after.
(Like that time I ran the Marine Corps Marathon and passed a Chick-fil-A at mile 23. That knowledge has served me well every time I’ve craved a chicken sandwich.
This week, Fish is headed to Las Vegas for Franchise Update Media’s Multi-Unit Franchising Conference. Now in its 16th year, the Multi-Unit Franchising Conference is the top industry tradeshow aimed at helping franchisees grow their businesses.
In fact, according to Franchise Update Media, 67 percent of multi-unit franchisees find their brands through tradeshows. So whether you’re a franchisee looking for a new brand to add to your portfolio or you’re a franchisor looking to connect with potential new ‘zees, the Multi-Unit Franchising Conference has you covered.
Here are some of the can’t-miss sessions we recommend:
- First-Timer Franchisee Meet & Greet (Tuesday, April 26): New to the show? Don’t go at it alone. Get helpful hints to make the most of your time in Las Vegas.
- General Session Wednesday, April 27): New IFA Chairman Aziz Hashim (a multi-unit franchisee himself) and Jim Collins (author of “Good to Great” and “Great By Choice”) will join a panel focused on implementing a plan to grow your business.
- Money Room (Wednesday, April 27 & Thursday, April 28): New this year, the Money Room will allow attendees to meet one-on-one with potential lenders to find financing solutions to help them grow.
- Professional Athletes in Franchising – Tapping in to a New Source of Capital and Brand Expansion (Thursday, April 28): The founder of the Professional Athlete Franchise Initiative (PAFI) will discuss recruiting pro-athletes to drive your growth.
- Labor Environment – NLRB, Minimum Wage (Thursday, April 28): If a $15 minimum wage and other political/advocacy issues sound scary, this is the session for you. Learn from franchisees that have lived through it.
- Mergers & Acquisitions #2 – Selling a Business (Thursday, April 28): Do you have an exit strategy? Learn best practices about making your business an attractive one to sell.
What sessions are you looking forward to? Tell us in the comments!