I honestly can’t believe we’re already talking about 2019, but it’s that time again! The IFA Foundation has opened applications for the NextGen in Franchising Global Competition, a worldwide contest that engages millennial entrepreneurs seeking to grow their businesses through the franchise model, and the only business incubator in the world focused on franchising.
At IFA’s 2018 Annual Convention in February, the IFA Foundation hosted winners from eight countries: the U.S., Canada, Philippines, Australia, Kenya, Nicaragua, Uganda, and Hungary. These millennial entrepreneurs showed us firsthand how bright the future of franchising is. Even our celebrity guest judge — Shark Tank star Daymond John — was impressed by the caliber of this year’s winners.
And now the IFA Foundation is seeking the next group of impressive young founders to apply for the chance to attend the NextGen Summit at #IFA2019 Feb. 24-27, 2019, in Las Vegas. To qualify, founders must be:
- Between 21 and 35 years old (at the time of application)
- Have a business in operation for 1-5 years (at the time of application)
Companies do not need to be franchising currently, but should have an interest in and the opportunity to scale through the business model.
Since the inception of the NextGen in Franchising Global Competition, nearly 2,000 millennial entrepreneurs from more than 75 countries have applied. Applications are open through Aug. 31 at NextGenFranchising.org. Winners receive:
- Complimentary attendance to the IFA Annual Convention with industry leaders and CEOs and participation in the NextGen in Franchising Summit, a two-day educational and networking program
- Opportunity to participate in the next round of the NextGen in Franchising Global Competition for a chance to win a monetary investment to help grow your business
- Opportunity to network with leading franchisors, franchisees, and suppliers, as well as other young entrepreneurs
- Extensive, industry-wide media exposure
Know a tenacious young entrepreneur that may be a fit for the program? Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.