We’re back with another edition of Fish Insights and — spoiler alert! — it’s all about COVID-19. It’s pretty much all we’ve been reading about lately. But, we wanted to use this as an opportunity to share some feel-good stories, rather than just the cold, hard facts, because we could all use a little bit of that right now.
So sit back with a cup of coffee or tea (or a glass of wine, if you so please) and read on. And remember to stay safe out there.
- I love a good story that restores my faith in the goodness of people. Like how people are coming together to raise money for out-of-work restaurant employees.
- … And how restaurants are collectively feeding thousands of hospital staff and first responders across the country.
- … And how some states are loosening up takeout liquor laws to help restaurants — and us.
Fitness, Health, & Wellness
- Dozens of fitness brands are offering free virtual workouts to help us stay sane — I mean, super fit — during quarantine and social distancing.
- People are getting really creative when it comes to using household items as workout equipment.
- This former monk talked to TODAY about how to relax while in quarantine, including doing one thing every day that makes you happy.
- Cleaning companies are seeing a surge in business to help keep people safe.
- A researcher created a furnace that might help hospitals kill coronavirus as soon as a patient coughs or sneezes. (Whoa.)
- Plumbers are busy these days as quarantined Americans keep clogging their toilets with wipes and paper towels.
- With restaurants closed and people hunkering down at home, grocery stores are living their best lives — and need more workers to fill demand.
- Amazon is hiring 100,000 workers to keep up with a surge in online shopping.
- Some states are deeming liquor stores “essential” businesses, keeping them open during statewide shutdowns.