Tropical Smoothie Cafe enlisted Fish’s support in December 2014 to increase awareness around the brand’s franchise opportunity, drive prospective franchisee leads and help the brand reach its yearly deal goals.
Fish launched an aggressive franchise development PR campaign both nationally and in priority local markets such as Atlanta, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Dallas and Tampa, among others, to deepen visibility of the brand and promote its franchise opportunity. Strategies included:
- Leverage the brand’s rapid growth, ongoing success, product innovation and upgraded technology to garner stories with national business media and trade outlets
- Position the CEO and other executives as leaders in the franchising and foodservice industries through timely op-eds in targeted national outlets
- Drive local coverage by promoting entry into new states/cities and grand openings in key development markets
- Secure executive / franchisee speaking opportunities at key industry tradeshows such as the Multi-Unit Franchising Conference, Franchise Leadership and Development Conference and Fast Casual Executive Summit, among others
- Submit the brand for national business and industry awards and rankings
The extensive visibility Fish garnered helped Tropical Smoothie Cafe achieve four consecutive years of positive growth, sign hundreds of franchise agreements and build a lead database numbering in the thousands. Earned editorial coverage has totaled more than 1 billion impressions across national outlets such as Entrepreneur, CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” Bloomberg Television, The Wall Street Journal, The Associated Press, Franchise Times and Nation’s Restaurant News, as well as local outlets including the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Dallas Business Journal and Pittsburg Business Times. Members of the Tropical Smoothie Cafe leadership team have also appeared as key panelists and speakers at the IFA Annual Convention, Franchise Finance & Growth Conference and Multi-Unit Franchising Conference, among others.